Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Slacker

I know it's been a while since I posted.  I've been having serious internet issues and my provider can't seem to figure out what the problem is.  Anywho, let's get caught up!

  • Weight Loss - sucks. I've been up and down and am pretty much where I started.  Not giving up though, just have to try harder I guess.  I started using Loseit.com with a few friends, and I really like it so far.  It's free, you can find friends via their email address and comment on each others progress and such, and there's an app for the iPhone (not sure about android) that allows you to track food, look up food, scan bar codes with your phone to get nutritional info, and reminds you at meal time to track your food.  Awesome.  Feel free to look me up and friend me.  I could use all the support and motivation I can get at this point.  
  • Camp Loopy - Project two is due in the less than ten days!  The challenge for this project is to knit in a color from your country's flag with at least 800 yards. I decided to knit the Tempest cardigan in Cascade Heritage sock yarn in a navy blue.  About 1600 yards. I must have been insane when I decided to knit a fingering weight cardigan in a month.  All I have left to do on it is both sleeves, the button band, and seaming.  In 9 days.  Oh, and this is my first sweater.  The next challenge is 500 yards, two different colors, and a pattern you haven't knit before.  I'm debating on knitting my first fair isle socks, or an illusion scarf that I've been wanting to make for YEARS.  I'm leaning towards the scarf.
  • Stash Dash - I had nothing this check in!  I've been working solely on my camp loopy 2 project.

  • Tour de Fleece - I finished and played the Storybook SW BFL that I was complaining about last post.  I have to say, it's growing on me.  At first I hated it, but either way, I definitely learned a lot from it.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet.  I don't know the yardage or what weight of yarn it is because I don't have a niddy noddy or wpi tool. Yet.  I'm guessing it's about a worsted weight. 
So far I've been successful in spinning everyday for at least ten minutes during the tour.  I'm spinning my merino super thin so it's taking a long time.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it by the end of the tour, which was one of my goals.
  • Various Other Junk - I've been messing around with dyeing yarn and I hope to open my own Etsy shop very soon, I just need to come up with the initial investment.  This will be a joint effort with my mom to help us both recover from the serious financial blows we both experienced last year.  I plan on selling hand dyed yarn (semi solid, variegated and self stripping), stitch markers, project bags in three sizes, and possibly solid lotion bars. So keep an eye out, I'm very excited to get this going.

No comments:

Post a Comment