Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Apothecary Yarns

If you are a member of their Pure Imagination sock club and don't want to be spoiled, don't read any further.
.
..
...
....
.....
I've been wanting to join a sock club for years. I'm so glad I picked this one.

First I have to say how sweet and awesome Sarah is from Apothecary Yarns! To make a long story short: I had signed up for the club in December. We had some invoicing issues with PayPal, and when that was resolved, I had some other issues and was ready to drop from the club(nothing at all to do with them, all me). Well, the day before club shipments go out, Sarah emails me, I tell her my situation, and she was awesome enough to work something out with me so I was able to keep my club spot. Super amazing customer relations.

About the club. This is a Tim Burton inspired sock club. Each month you get two different color ways (yes, you get two different skeins per shipment ) inspired by the movie for that month. You also have the option of signing up for the full six months, or just one of the three month rounds. You also have the option of either all super wash merino bases or various bases, including some luxe. I went with all super wash. Each shipment also includes stitch markers from Velvet Hippo inspired by the same movie. Price for the first three months with the sw merino base was $165. That comes to $55 a shipment. And to recap, each shipment includes 2 skeins of yarn, stitch markers, and shipping. Oh and speaking of shipping, she shipped on Friday and I got my package Monday. Super value, super customer service, and the best theme ever.

The first shipment movie inspiration was The Nightmare Before Christmas. She even included an excerpt from the movie and her inspiration for the color ways.

This color way is called "Jack and Sally".



The second color way is called "Jacks Lament". This has to be my favorite of the two, absolutely gorgeous.

Finally, the stitch markers from Velvet Hippo. They were inspired by all the colors of Sally's dress, and a little spool of thread.

I could not be happier with this club, and I can not wait to see what else she has in store. I will be receiving all 6 shipments. I don't remember all the movies she'll be drawing inspiration.from, but I'm pretty sure she included Alice in Wonderland, Beetlejuice, and James and the Giant Peach.

I realize this is a very lengthy review, but I was just so darn excited! Future blog posts regarding this club will have pictures and the inspiration. Much shorter, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment