Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weigh-in #2 and Camp Loopy

I know, I didn't check in last week and I said I would every Sunday. I got on the scale last Sunday, hoping to be at 250 lbs, and I was back up to 253.4 lbs, exactly where I started at the week before.  I was seriously discouraged and felt like all my efforts were for nothing. On top of that I got hardly any knitting done, so my stash dash "weigh-in" was less than impressive also.  So I just didn't feel like posting. However, I am happy to report that this week was much better.

  • Weight loss - despite the blow that came last week I did not give up, and today I weighed in at 249.2!  WOOHOO!  I did a little dance in my bathroom, I'm not gonna lie.  That brings me to a total of 4.2 lbs lost, which is 14% of my 30lbs goal I'm trying to reach by September.  Still behind what I had projected, but I am very happy to have lost this much so far.

  • Stash Dash - I finished another swap square, two hats for charity, and my Camp Loopy #1 project, bringing my running total to 418g.  That's 16.7% of my goal.  Don't worry, Camp Loopy project #2 is going to put a big dent in my stash dash efforts.  I think I may be insane.

  • Camp Loopy - Finished project #1 this week!  I should have finished it long before now, but I hadn't been working on it.  I did the Little Pumpkins sock pattern out of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in the Woodlawn color way. I LOVE them.  This pattern had been in my que for a long time, and when the challenge for the camp was to knit 400yards in a pattern by a designer in another country, this was the first thing that came to mind.  I hate the summer, and can not wait until the fall. This project brought a little bit of that fall feeling into my 100 degree days.  I had a hard time getting a good shot of the pattern, but you can check out the pattern page on Rav.

I'm really enjoying the Camp Loopy Challenges.  This colorway is gorgeous (all of Lorna's Laces are) but it's not a colorway I would have grabbed off a shelf in a shop just because.  However, it is PERFECT for this project.  The colors are different shades of orange with a little olive green here and there, but all beautifully muted. I also ended up making them a little taller than usual in order to meet the 400yard requirement, and I really like them.  I think this will be my new sock length. For the second camp project, we have to knit 800 yards in a color that's in our country's flag.  After much thought I decide to go with a 1750 yard cardigan in navy blue.  I know, I'm insane. I normally would be drawn to knit my cardi in black, so this camp is pushing me out of my comfort zone by going with navy blue.  I think I'll really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment