Sunday, June 3, 2012

Things have been crazy...

I haven't knit (or crafted) at all since early March.  Life got a little overwhelming for a minute there.  But things are calming down and I've picked up my needles again.  So let's get down to business, shall we?

  • Stash Dash - TheKnitGirllls Stash Dash 2012 has officially begun. This year you set your own personal goals in grams (not yards) and check in weekly with your progress.  Think "Biggest Loser" style.  My goal is 2500 grams.  I hope to BEAT that goal actually.  I'm using this challenge to help motivate me to finish up some WIPs that are long over due, and after that I hope to eat through some of the junky yarn that's hogging up valuable storage space.

  • Camp Loopy - Camp Loopy started May 27th.  This is my first time participating and I really hope I can pull it off.  So far so good.  The first project challenge is to knit at least 400 yards in a pattern from a designer from a country other than yours.  I went with some cute socks that have been in my queue for years. Here is my first week's progress:


  • Personal Bits - I've been exploring different avenues of spirituality recently.  Mostly for educational purposes; I find it fascinating. Tonight I'm going on a nature walk/full moon picnic with a small group of ladies that find their spiritual beliefs through nature.  Should be fun.

  • Weight Loss - Anyone who knows me knows I've struggled with this my entire life.  I should count it as one of my hobbies.  If I can lose 30 lbs in 3 months I will be happy.  My birthday is in 3 months, and I'm going to be 30.  I want to look like I did 5 years ago.  30 lbs should get me there. June first I checked in at 253.4.  Ugh.  That's still 20 lbs lighter than my worst, but still terrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment